Accordion fries are fun to make and even more fun to eat! Brown, crisp and finished with your favorite toppings, they'll fill you right up.
- Chop Sticks
- Sharp Knife
- Air Fryer
- 5-6 Small Potatoes
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- Cold Water
- 1 tbsp Tony Chachere's Cajun Spice
- Sour Cream
- Green Onion
- Prepare your potatoes by cutting them into the shape of a rectangular block. Cut the rounded portions off until the potato resembles a small block. Place the chop sticks on both sides of a potato. Use your knife to create 6-8 thin horizontal cuts through the potato without cutting all the way to bottom. Your chopsticks should prevent you from cutting all the way through.
- Flip your potato over and create 6-8 thin diagonal cuts through the potato without cutting all the way to the bottom. Carefully pull the potato and it should fan out in an accordion shape. Repeat this with the remaining potatoes and soak them in cold water with a tsp of salt for 2-3 hours. This will remove starch and create a more crispy potato.
- Note: This recipe is built for an air fryer however if you do not have one you are able to dry off the potatoes and fry them in oil heated to 325 or cook in the oven at 425 for 30-40 minutes flipping once. Apply the Tony Chachere’s after frying.
- Once the potatoes are done soaking, dry each potato off then toss in olive oil and the Tony Chachere’s Cajun spice. Place in the air fryer at 375 for 20 minutes. Increase the heat to 400 and air fry for another 8-10 minutes checking on the potatoes every now and then. Once brown and crisp, remove the potatoes and top with any optional toppings and enjoy!