Pesto Chicken Salad
Experience the fresh flavor from our Pesto Chicken Salad which balances the earthy aroma of pesto with light lettuce greens & grilled chicken.
- 2 or 3 Chicken Breasts – thin cut
- Fresh Lettuce Greens
- Fresh Mozzarella
- Balsamic Glaze
- Salt and Pepper
Homemade Pesto (Blend in a mixer)
- 2 cups Fresh Basil Leaves
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves
- .5 cup Olive Oil
- .5 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Marinate the chicken breast in half of the pesto for at least 1 hour. The chicken tastes best when marinated overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill on medium high for 5 minutes per side. You should be able to see grill marks and the juices should run clear. If the chicken is thicker it will need additional time.
- Take the chicken breasts off the grill and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. When chicken has cooled, plate on a bed on fresh lettuce greens alongside 2-3 pieces of sliced mozzarella. Top with the other half of the pesto and balsamic glaze and serve! We added half an avocado for a slightly more filling meal.